Financial support is critical to maintain the cost of caring for the children.
Donations are needed to meet the monthly expenses of $1,000. This figure includes salaries for the 7 staff members which includes visits from a nurse monthly and for two meals, an evening snack daily. It also includes tuition/uniform costs so the children can attend school. We have been meeting expenses from month to month, but the futures of these 33 children depends upon your kind and generous support.
Video of Haiti after The Earthquake of January 2010
Haiti – Port au Prince Tour showing some progress
100% of all donations go DIRECTLY to the welfare of the children.
Financial support will also go towards:
Licensing the orphanage:
We need to have a nurse, doctor, and lawyer on staff. We do not currently know how expensive it will be to pay this staff. No child will be able to get adopted out of the orphanage until it is licensed!
Projects for The Community Orphanage of Tipalmiste
- mosquito nets nets for 33 beds
- upgrading the current outhouse
- building of Staff outhouse
- Tin roof for out house
- second gravity fed shower
- improved water collection for cooking andwashing
- Outside wash station for dishes and laundry
- Fence around orphanage for safety
- Chicken coops and chickens
- Raised bed garden for vegetables